Monday, January 28, 2013

Uncle Sam is Home!



My brother Sam returned home from his LDS mission in San Antonio, TX  over New Years.  As all returned missionaries do, he had an awesome burning testimony, lots of humility, and lots of love for the Savior and for His Work, "to bring to pass the immortality and eternal life of man" (Moses 1:39).

We only got to be with him all of 48 hours before he headed away to start college.  I am so grateful for his faithful missionary service, especially because I have boys who I hope serve a mission for our church some day.  My boys idolize their uncles, talk about how cool they are, and want to dress like them, act like them, and be like them.  I'm grateful for the awesome example Sam has been because I know my boys want to be just like him.  Same goes with all of my brothers, all 7 of them.

So proud of you Sam!

No comments:

Post a Comment