Monday, April 28, 2014

It finally came.

One of these things is not like the other. . . 


We got the chickens as new babies on Christmas Day.  And we've waited, and waited, and waited.  Andersen was sure his was a rooster, so he named it Captain.  But so far, there are no signs of any of the 4 chickens being a rooster.  And yesterday, Abby finally found the first egg.  She was sure it came from Captain, which made Andersen a little confused and sad. . . Because he was so set on his chicken being a rooster.  Last night he decided that if the egg really did come from Captain, then he better rename him.  Because "Captain" is definitely a boys name, and Andersen's girl chicken shouldn't have a boys name anymore.

I'm just glad they haven't died since Christmas.  We'll see how they do in the heat of the summer.  Even with all the poop I keep finding on my patio, I have found myself getting quite fond of these little chickens.  Weird.  John. . . well, not so much.  But he tolerates them fine.  And now that we're starting to get eggs, it might be worth it.





1 comment:

  1. Becca! I am just now catching up on your blog and I love all the pictures and stories. Thanks for sharing! And, I am pretty sure it is YOU who is half princess. You are amazing to balance everything you do as an expectant mother of seven.

    ReplyDelete