Monday, December 24, 2012

Merry Christmas



I love this time of year, even with all the hustle and bustle.  I love it because it always refocuses me on the importance of the Savior in my life, and of the love of family.  

In November, when the Thanksgiving Holiday comes, I tend to count my blessings and recognize all that is good and wonderful in my life. Through this process, my heart becomes a little more tender, a little softer.  Then December comes.  And if I allow myself to look past the commercialization and find quiet time to contemplate and "feel", then comes the quiet, deep warmth of the love of God into my prepared heart.

I am confident that everything good in my life has come from my Savior.  Because I try to follow in His example, I am more and more able to feel of His love for me.  And that brings such peace and joy. 

Now, with Christmas and December coming towards a close, the goal is to remember these peaceful feelings all throughout the coming year.

Merry Christmas!

http://www.lds.org/bible-videos/videos/glad-tidings-of-great-joy-the-birth-of-jesus-christ?lang=eng

No comments:

Post a Comment