Thursday, June 2, 2011

Summer is HERE!

And I am loving it. I love that we don't have to rush, rush, rush every morning to get the kids out the door on time. I love that we can have more visiting time around the breakfast table, spend more time answering questions that come up during family scripture study without feeling pinched for time.

I love watching EmmaClaire try her hardest at swim team, even though the first practice ended up in lots of tears. I love that jobs, piano practicing, homework, reading, and yard work are mostly finished by lunch time. I love having the rest of the day to do whatever we want to do. I love not following anyone elses schedule but my own.

I love not dealing with a crazy mad rush at 3:10 PM every day with a whirlwind of snacks and crumbs, paper dumping from backpacks, homework and piano help needed from all at once, and feeling spread so thin while trying to give each one individual attention but fulfilling all of their needs collectively at the same time. . .

I love not worrying about what time the kids go to bed, love staying up late and playing games, watching movies, and visiting with my kids. And then letting everyone sleep to their hearts content in the morning, including me.

I love Summer!

And, amazingly enough--chances are that in about 7 weeks, I'll be ready for the structure and consistency of school to start back up. All in good time, I guess. But for now, I'm loving the lazy days of summer.

1 comment:

  1. I love summer too. Since my kids aren't school-aged yet, I mostly love it for the delicious fresh fruit and vegetables that are available so cheaply. You should have seen the smile on my face as I was checking out of the grocery store yesterday. Heaven!

    ReplyDelete