Monday, February 20, 2012

President's Day

I woke up this morning with a sinus headache (nothing new, I've been dealing with being sick for almost a month. . .allergies, sinus pressure, yucky cold, migraines, etc. . . ).

John woke up this morning with an itch to hike Picacho Peak.

I stayed in my jammies, John got everyone up and dressed.

I scheduled a doctor apt for myself, John took all but Kate to the mountain and hiked it to the top. (On his way into the park, apparently the ranger 'recommended' that only kids older than 12 hike to the top because it was pretty challenging. . . whatever--that didn't fly with John) Then he visited Dairy Queen on the way home, brought Pizza home for dinner, helped clean up and give asthma treatments to Kate and Andersen, and is now watching Star Wars with all of them.

And what did I do all day? Take a nap, visit the doctor, pick up a prescription and snuggle on the couch with Kate, who is also sick.

Pretty much, he's AWESOME and I'm in love! And our kids are lucky to have him for a dad. He has won their hearts.

2 comments:

  1. Ahhh, man! I'm sure the kids were in heaven...and their mom, too. :) Shoulda called us! We only live about 25 minutes away, and if we couldn't have hiked it, we could've at least met them at Dairy Queen! :)

    ReplyDelete