Thursday, November 3, 2011

Happy Halloween 2011!



I'm pretty sure I've eaten more junk from my kids' loot these past few days than I have this whole year. I finally organized the big bowl of candy into different "flavors", put each into ziplock bags, and hid it HIGH in my closet. Out of sight, out of mind. . . (wish that worked--it's still quite tempting!). Hopefully Santa will remember to use it for stockings.










The kids came home from school, asking where all the candy was. I told them that the Candy Fairy took it. EmmaClaire and Andersen continued asking, "who's the candy fairy?" After not getting much of an answer from me, Abby told them that Dad was the Candy Fairy. So, all the kids think that Dad ate all their Halloween candy. Hey, works for all intensive purposes. (And chances are, John will end up eating all the candy before Christmas anyway.)



I love that we didn't spend a dime on costumes this year. I told the kids to be creative, and they came up with stuff on their own or used costumes we already had. Taylor's patches are taped on, and his suspenders are hair ribbons tied to his belt loops.

2 comments: